Houston, we have lift off.
I've been working on a pizza crust recipe for a while now, and I believe I've got something you're going to be very happy with!
GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA CRUSTMakes 3 9" Pizza Crusts
1 1/2 Cups White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Aramanth Flour
1 Cup Potato Starch
1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Teaspoon Molly McButter(c) Butter Substitute Flakes
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Shortening (for greasing the pans)
The Yeast Mixture
2 Tablespoons Active Yeast
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Potato Starch
1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
2 Cups Hot Water (110 to 115 Degrees)
3 9" Spring Form Pans (you can usually get these in a 3-pan set at Target or Walmart for surprisingly little money)
1 Large Spatula
1 Small Mixing Bowl
1 Large Mixing Bowl
1 Measuring Cup
1 Set of Measuring Spoons
1 Small Bowl of cold water (for your hands)
- In the small bowl, mix all the "Yeast Mixture" ingredients and stir to combine
- Let the yeast mixture proof for 7 minutes, or until light and bubbly
- In the Large Mixing Bowl, combine all the "Mix" ingredients
- Add the proofed yeast mixture and stir with the spatula until completely mixed. (Do not use an electric mixer, the batter comes off too tough and its difficult to work with.)
- Cover the batter bowl and set in a warm place for 25 minutes
- Grease the sides and bottoms of the pans
- When the time is up, uncover and beat down the batter with the spatula, stirring to break up all the bubbles.
- Divide the batter in thirds, dip 1 hand into the bowl of water and work the batter completely over the bottom of the pan
- For a thin crust - 1/2" thick, For a thick crust - 1" thick, for a deep dish style crust - 1/2" thick on the bottom and work the batter up on the sides of the spring form pan about 1" above the bottom.
- (*NOTE* The batter is going to be Very sticky. Don't worry about putting too much water over the batter, just keep wetting your hand and smoothing the batter until you have an even, smooth surface.)
- Let the prepared pizza pans rise another 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the pans and let cool completely on wire racks. (the pizza crusts can now be wrapped and stored in the freezer for up to a month. To use after freezing, let them thaw completely - place in a 350 oven for 10 minutes to crisp the crust up then top with your favorite topping and sauce. Bake in the oven directly on the rack until the cheese or toppings are hot and bubbly)
- If you want to use them now, then place the crust in the oven, directly on the rack, for 10 minutes to crisp up the crust , then top as you would any pizza and bake until bubbly.