The Kitchenarian. For those that may not know, the Stylish Blogger is given out by our peers in the blogosphere to those that inspire us, intrigue us and propel us to be a better blogger - or, at least that's how I see it.
I'm not terribly good at accepting praise... it's a fault. I've always been one of those who was happiest just milling around in the background....
I know myself pretty well, and if I am left untethered, I'm just liable to go on...uncontrollably...like THIS. (really, click there.)
The Kitchenarian was one of the first food blogs I started to follow in earnest. Her clean style, uncomplicated approach, and subject matter was the type of blog I wanted to write. Unfortunately, my style progressed a tad more haphazardly - and my slanted sense of humor took control of what I had intended. But through my own growing pains, she has remained a constant voice in the back of my head to produce content that was usable, current and readable.
So, I'll leave it to say - I am honored, I am humbled, and I am extremely happy that someone finds my writing of merit - and I thank you from the bottom of my mixing bowl.
Part of the rules of the award is that I have to:
A). Thank the giver - Check!
B) Tell 7 things about myself that people may not know... hmm..
1. I was detained for 3 hours in a Korean airport because I don't know when to keep my mouth shut.
2. I used to own a 3ft. American Checkered Rabbit that had full run of my house.
3. I collect 1950's ceramic pack animals. (you know, the donkey with the ceramic satchels of salt and pepper)
4. I am hopelessly a bachelor.. I know enough to know I'm not a good catch.
5. I was once semi-crushed by a grand piano
6. I once designed a floating barge restaurant
7. I once spent the entire night on a squid boat in Thailand just to see what it was like to catch squid.
and lastly -
C) Pass the award along to those bloggers that inspire me in their own unique way. So, with great honor, I pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to:
Sprinkles of Parsley - for her clean prose, excellent photography, and delicious content. I always feel so inadequate visiting her site.
Hapa Bento - Beauty in a little lunch box.
IslandEat - His engaging stories of his grandmother, the accompanying photos and recipes had me hooked from the very first entry.
Foy Update - Who is a constant reminder of less is more.
Life, In Recipes - Beautiful photography and incredible content
Check! Check! and Check!